1. a native or inhabitant of Bohemia (a region in the West Czech Republic).
2. a person, as an artist or writer, who lives and acts free of regard for conventional rules and practices.
3. the Czech language, especially as spoken in Bohemia.
4. a Gypsy.
5. of or pertaining to Bohemia, its people, or their language.
6. pertaining to or characteristic of the unconventional life of a bohemian.
7. living a wandering or vagabond life, as a Gypsy.
As a writer-teacher who lived in Prague, Czech Republic during my unconventional four years wandering the globe, this word beautifully encapsulates many of my own characteristics, and I hope, the elements of this blog. In homage to Bohemia, my first series of blogs will be a three-part series on how to stretch your koruna while visiting Prague. Stay tuned!